Join the ladies of SWS to celebrate “Printemps,” as we raise funds and awareness for Oral Cancer Awareness Month.
Thursday, April 25, 2013
7PM – 10PM
Held on Thursday, April 25th in the Grand Ballroom of Lafayette Square‘s exquisite Sofitel Washington DC.
Give us your best Audrey Hepburn with LBDs (little black dress) and pearls. Please note “Glamorous Cocktail Attire” is suggested, as we will have a film crew present.
Local DC celebs, scenesters, publicists, bloggers, politicos and philanthropists will be in attendance.
Oral Cancer is severely under diagnosed especially in women which makes it a priority with one of our special guests and sponsors, Dr. Ivory Hancock.
These monthly events will raise funds for the ladies of SWS pet charities and causes while we raise a glass to their efforts.
Passed Hor d’oeuvres & Signature Martinis
$40 Donation includes Raffle Ticket
Additional Raffle tickets 5 for $20
Camelia C. Mazard
Rachel Wang Pang
Dr. Ivory Hancock
Art Presented By:
Stella & Dot:
– 10 Tickets to Our May Cocktail Hour (Value $40 each)
– 20 Minute Massage from Magic and Health in Tyson’s Corner (Value $25)
– 1 Dior Spring Makeup Palette
– An over night stay at the Sofitel Washington DC
– A Gift from Stella & Dot
– Mama O’s Premium Kimchi Kit
– 2 Tickets to GI Film Festival‘s “SECRETS AND SPIES” PARTY AND SILENT AUCTION – A SALUTE TO 50 YEARS OF JAMES BOND (Value $250)
Silent Auction Items:
– Haircut by the Creative Director of Arthur Christine Dusan Grante (Valued at $120)
– One Hour Life Coaching Session by Jana Sedlakova of You Successful You (Value $100)
– Four (4) Washington Capitals Tickets for the 2012-13 Season courtesy of Monumental Sports & Entertainment’s Paul Pitcher (Value $200)
– 3 Spray Tanning Sessions at Skinnytan LLC. with travel (Value $200)
– One in home mixology party for 5 by Butterfly Mixtures donated by Michele Hudson (Value $250)
– Xtreme Eyelash Extensions from famed Makeup Artist Rachel Grante of Arthur Christine in Vienna (Value $350)
– 5 Hours of Online Marketing Consulting by Social Media and SEO Expert Dimitris Volakis (Valued at $1000)
Presidential Dental Group
Sofitel Washington DC
Monumental Sports & Entertainment
You Successful You by Jana Sedlakova
Mama O’s Premium Kimchi
GI Film Festival
About The Oral Cancer Foundation:
The Oral Cancer Foundation is a national public service, non-profit entity designed to reduce suffering and save lives through prevention, education, research, advocacy, and patient support activities. Oral cancer is the largest group of those cancers which fall into the head and neck cancer category. Common names for it include such things as mouth cancer, tongue cancer, tonsil cancer, and throat cancer. Approximately 42,000 people in the US will be newly diagnosed with oral cancer in 2013. This includes those cancers that occur in the mouth itself, in the very back of the mouth known as the oropharynx, and on the exterior lip of the mouth. This is the fifth year in a row in which there has been an increase in the rate of occurrence of oral cancers, in 2007 there was a major jump of over 11% in that single year. There are two distinct pathways by which most people come to oral cancer. One is through the use of tobacco and alcohol, a long term historic problem and cause, and the other is through exposure to the HPV-16 virus (human papilloma virus version 16), a newly identified etiology, and the same one which is responsible for the vast majority of cervical cancers in women. A small percentage of people (under 7 %) do get oral cancers from no currently identified cause. It is currently believed that these are likely related to some genetic predisposition.
About Sofitel Washington DC:
Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square represents one of the most exclusive locations in the nation’s capital. Discover this contemporary downtown Washington DC hotel, situated at the corner of Lafayette Square, bordering the White House. Our WashingtonDC hotel accommodations occupy an updated historic landmark, first erected in 1880. Celebrate Sofitel‘s “art de vivre” within this 4-star Washington DC hotel – marked by distinctive style, superb cuisine, and incomparable service.
About Sip With Socialites:
Founded in 2011, Sip With Socialites is a best friend to trendsetting professionals. In addition to our habit-forming blog, Sip With Socialites hosts monthly fundraisers for our pet charities and causes.
Sofitel Washington DC
806 15th St. NW
Washington, DC 20005