Join the ladies of SWS to raise funds the Washington Nationals Diabetes Care Complex at Children’s National Medical Center.
Held on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 from 7pm to 10pm at downtown DC’s hotspot Cities Restaurant & Lounge to benefit the Washington Nationals Diabetes Care Complex at Children’s National Medical Center.
Local DC celebs, scenesters, publicists, bloggers, politicos and philanthropists will be in attendance.
Tweet #sipwithsocialites #cocktailhour
The event chair this month is Erin Lyons. Guest of a Guest DC will feature and cover the evening, their DC editor, Sophie Pyle will be reporting.
These monthly events will raise funds for the ladies of SWS pet charities and causes while we raise a glass to their efforts.
$20 Minimum Donation
$20 Raffle Tickets
– Chanel Cosmetics gift set
– 1 Magnum bottle of Chandon Sparkling wine
– $50 gift certificate to any of the restaurants in the Black Restaurant Group (Black Salt, Addie’s, Black Jack, Pearl Dive, Empire Oyster House)
– 1 Blowout from Drybar (Bethesda or Georgetown locations)
– Makeup application from Makeup Artist Ashley Yau at Trish McEvoy in Nordstrom, Mongomery Mall
– $25 gift card to Annalee’s Formals in Ashburn
Silent Auction Items:
– Four (4) Washington Wizards Tickets for the 2012-13 Season courtesy of Monumental Sports & Entertainment‘s Paul Pitcher (Value $200)
– DollHouse Faux Leather Jacket (as seen in Dujour Magazine) created for MACYS Winter 2012 Size Medium (Value $120)
– 5 Hours of Online Marketing Consulting by SEO Expert Dimitris Volakis (Valued at $1000)
– Special Event Makeup Application by Famed Makeup Artist Rachel Grante of Arthur Christine (Valued at $95)
– Haircut by the Creative Director of Arthur Christine Dusan Grante (Valued at $110)
– 1 Dozen Georgetown Cupcakes of your choice
– 3 Spray Tanning Sessions at Skinnytan LLC. with travel (Value $200)
Guest of a Guest DC
Monumental Sports & Entertainment
SEO Expert Dimitris Volakis
Black Restaurant Group
About the Washington Nationals Diabetes Care Complex at Children’s National Medical Center
In March 2007, the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation committed $1.25 million in cash and $750,000 in assets as the lead gift in the creation of a Pediatric Diabetes Care Complex at Children’s National Medical Center (CNMC). The facility will help CNMC continue to provide the best pediatric diabetes care in the DC area with new state-of-the-art outpatient treatment rooms and an education center that will serve to teach families about diabetes management and provide resources for further information.
Children’s National Medical Center’s Childhood and Adolescent Diabetes Program is the preeminent pediatric diabetes program in the Washington Metropolitan area. Children’s cares for more than 1,500 children and adolescents with Type 1, Type 2 and other forms of diabetes. There are over 4500 visits from patients coming from the District, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania to seek treatment at Children’s. No child is ever turned away. All patients initially diagnosed with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes are medically treated and taught management skills on site at Children’s National Medical Center. Children’s comprehensive team includes physicians, certified diabetes educators, registered nurses, nurse practitioners, dietitians, and psychology and social work services.
About Erin Lyons
A native Washingtonian, Erin left her hometown at 18 years old to seek out adventures across the globe. After earning a B.A. from the University of Chicago and an M.A. from the Monterey Institute, as well as living in Paris, Rome, Chicago, California, and New York, Erin returned to her native city in 2009 to set up her own translation business. A trilingual fashionista and entrepreneur, Erin also produces multilingual Web and social media content for fashion, accessories, and cosmetic lines.
When not totally consumed by her hectic day job, Erin lives her life to the fullest as an oenophile, audiophile, art-lover, and marathoner. A business-savvy dreamer with a heart, Erin also volunteers for the Georgetown BID and The Studio Theatre, as well as with other DC charity organizations.
Cities Restaurant & Lounge
919 19th Street
Washington, DC 20006